What is Coaching?
Coaching is an advanced way of relating that produces results
for a client more quickly than if the client worked alone. The partnership
between coach and client exists for the sole purpose of fostering
and supporting the client's success. As your coach, I'm behind you
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, providing you with support, compassion,
resources, focus, and a sounding board for your ideas. Coaching
provide you with focus and clarity, minimizing obstacles to the
results you desire.
Basic elements of the coaching relationship are:
Who You Are. As your coach,
I'll help you to clarify your values, purpose, and heartfelt desires.
I work with people who are already doing well but want to grow much
more quickly and to accomplish far more than they have previously
been able to accomplish on their own.
What You Want. Coaches are
hired by people who decide to accomplish something specific in their
personal or professional lives; to enhance their quality of life;
or to help them to more effectively discern, develop, and share
their unique gifts.
How You Get It. Coaches help
their clients accomplish their goals by:
1. Sharing information.
- Drawing distinctions
- Teaching principles
- Offering perspective
2. Providing structure
- Asking for a lot
- Expecting the client's best
- Being unconditionally constructive
- Being a model for the client
- Walking the client through the growth steps
- Giving specialized instruction
- Multiple alternatives
- Effective strategies and action plans
Why Hire a Coach?
Professional golfers have coaches, Olympic athletes have coaches,
and pro baseball players have coaches. So what do you think would
happen in your life if you had a life coach? Those that do employ
a coach tend to develop exceptionally fulfilling and healthy lives.
The following are some examples of what a coach can do for you.
Coaching can help you:
- Identify and overcome your obstacles
- Stay on track while effectively dealing with
what comes up in the moment
- Make real and lasting change in your life and
- Get on a rewarding, stimulating, fulfilling,
exciting, productive path
Coaching can help small business owners get to
the next level by:
- Identifying and clarifying existing problems
- Clarifying and accelerating goals
- Becoming more productive
- Significantly reducing stress
- Developing new business and increasing profits
Coaching can help the manager, leader, or executive
- Develop a clearer vision
- Enhance interpersonal skills
- Attract and retain better employees and clients
- Become a more powerful communicator
- Increase productivity and profits
- Have a qualified sounding board
- Find new energy and satisfaction in work and
Whatever you've been dreaming about doing, coaching
will move you from dreaming about it to actually DOING IT!
What is a Coach?
Your coach is your partner in developing the life for which you
know you're ready, personally and professionally. We choose a coach
to encourage us, to challenge us, and remind us that we can live
up to our potential.
A coach is:
- Your partner in achieving personal and professional
- Your trainer in communication and life skills.
- Your sounding board when making life choices.
- Your motivator when strong actions are needed.
- Your unconditional support when you take a risk.
- Your mentor in personal development.
- Your co-designer when developing an extraordinary
- Your support in realizing the success you desire.
How it Works
Whether you're a business owner, manager, executive or a person
looking to explore your next step, coaching works the following
- You tell me where you are and what you hope to
- We'll talk about how we can best work together.
- We will also secure your personal foundation
(making sure you're life is going as great as your career or business).
- We may work on personal assessments to bring
you enhanced self-awareness.
- We will work on meeting your current goals and
setting up new ones as we move forward.
- We will establish a direction, strategy, action
plan, and benchmarks for your continued success.
Coaching conversations include:
- Email consultation
- MS Messenger dialogue
- Special Consult-the-Coach calls
- Periodic Teleclasses
Client support structures:
- Buddy system
- Seminars led by coach
- Social events hosted by coach
- Taking actions toward goals
- Increasing program scores like Clean Sweep
- Reading and learning
How I Coach
Each coaching relationship is, by its nature, unique and customized
to the individual. Therefore, you will in large measure, determine
the process yourself. With that said, it may be helpful to understand
what my clients can expect of me and what I expect of my clients.
Coaching relationships typically begin with a complimentary discovery
session to introduce us to each other, and to discuss what you want,
and how you're going to proceed to get it. The process continues
with weekly coaching sessions, which enable you to stay on track
to fulfill your goals and dreams, to maintain the momentum of your
change, and to integrate the success you are currently achieving.
I Expect Your Best
By choosing to work with me, you're probably ready to do and to
be your best. And if you aren't being or doing your best, we'll
discover together what's holding you back. I'll understand and support
your need to be heard and assisted back onto your path.
I Make Direct Requests
From time to time, I'll make a direct request, like "Will you accomplish
X by the end of the month?" You may accept the request, counter-offer
(state what you can do), or decline (rare). I'll support you whichever
way you respond.
I Give Straight Advice
When I'm sure of the situation, and you're open to it, I'll make
specific suggestions on how to handle a problem or "go-for" an opportunity.
If I'm not sure, I'll say so. Honesty is one of my values - I'm
straightforward and expect the same from you. Regardless, I expect
you to use the best of what I say and always use your own intuition
I Encourage Goal Work
I'll usually ask you to come up with two or three goals, actions,
or breakthroughs to have between one session and the next. If it
is too much, say so. If you want more, just ask.
I Encourage Things to Happen on Time
I expect that we will stick to our pre-arranged coaching schedule
and our agreement regarding my fees, unless other arrangements are
made. I also encourage you to be spontaneous. If you are just starting
to realize something big and can't wait to share a breakthrough,
or ask a question, call or e-mail me, anytime. I want to share in
your joys and triumphs! Therefore, I accept your important phone
calls (5-10 min. limit) or e-mails at no charge.
us with any questions you have about this program or
click here to sign up and get started